Wednesday, July 23, 2014





Sunday fire destroys Freyburg home


April 06. 2014 9:15PM

By - lmihm@civitasmedia.com






Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


FREYBURG — An improperly maintained kerosene heater resulted in a house fire that was a complete loss Sunday.


The St. Johns Fire Department responded to a home at the corner of Sidney and Van Buren streets at about 6 p.m. after being dispatched after the fire had started at the home. The home had burned completely to the ground by the time firefighters were able to get to the scene.


St. Johns Fire Chief Rodney Campbell said the home was being remodeled and no one was living there. However, one individual was in the home doing remodeling work.


Campbell said an estimate had not yet been put on the damage but that it was a total loss.


The unidentified person performing the renovations had brought in a kerosene heater for warmth while working. Campbell said the type of heater being used was known to throw sparks at times and a five-gallon fuel can was sitting nearby. It is believed a trail had dripped from the heater to the fuel can and eventually caught fire.


The Botkins and and Uniopolis fire departments responded for mutual aid at the scene.




Comments
comments powered by Disqus
Poll


Social Media/RSS
LimaOhio.com on Facebook
LimaOhio.com on Twitter
LimaOhio.com on Youtube
LimaOhio.com on Google+
LimaOhio.com on Pinterest
LimaOhio.com RSS Feeds





Civitas Media
COPYRIGHT 2013 CIVITAS MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.