Area road construction and maintenance projects for the week of May 5:
Interstate 75 Reconstruction Project For the most recent information concerning the Interstate 75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County please visit www.odotlima75.org
U.S. 30/Ohio 309 near Delphos may be restricted to one lane at times through the work zone for culvert work. Work is expected to be completed later in the month. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting, Boardman.
• Pavement repair both northbound and southbound between Fourth Street and the Auglaize County line will continue from midnight to noon each week day through next week. Traffic is restricted to one lane through the zone. The repairs will reinforce the existing pavement to help maintain its operational condition during construction.
• Restrictions on I-75 northbound are expected to continue next week while concrete is trucked in and poured on the deck of a new bridge structure over the CF&E railroad. This operation will occur during both daytime and nighttime hours. Motorists are asked to be aware of trucks and equipment entering and exiting the work zone during this operation.
• Motorists are asked to be aware of trucks entering and exiting the interstate throughout the work zone at various locations. Heed message boards and signs which indicate lane use, obey the posted speed and use caution when passing vehicles in the zone.
• In the coming weeks, work will take place on Interstate 75 northbound in the area of the Ohio 65 interchange on construction of a temporary bridge structure over the railroad north of Ohio 65. The structure will allow for traffic to be maintained on I-75 during construction.
• Traffic both northbound and southbound on Interstate 75 is now traveling on new concrete pavement from just south of Fourth Street to Reservoir Road and is then transitioned back to the existing pavement.
• Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on Interstate 75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
• Traffic cameras to view the construction area may be accessed at www.odotlima75.com, or at www.Ohgo.com.
• Please drive slowly through the construction zone.
• On two consecutive nights on May 14 and 15, Ohio 81 will close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. to allow for beam placement for the new bridge structure at the interchange with Interstate 75. Traffic will be detoured onto Neubrecht Road, Bible Road and Stewart Road back to Ohio 81.
• The entrance ramp from Ohio 81 to Interstate 75 southbound closed March 31 for two months for reconstruction. Traffic is detoured north on Interstate 75 to the Bluelick Road interchange back to Interstate 75 southbound. All other ramp movements at the Ohio 81 interchange are maintained.
• Work on reconstructing the service road on the south side of Ohio 81 continues.
• Traffic both eastbound and westbound has been shifted onto the new concrete pavement from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road. Traffic will remain one lane in each direction while work at the interchange continues.
Ohio 117/309 Interchange
• Traffic on Ohio 117/309 in the area of the Interstate 75 interchange has been shifted to the south side of the roadway to allow pavement work to take place in the westbound lanes. Traffic continues to be one lane in each direction through the interchange area.
• Construction of a raised-curb median between the interchange and Ohio 117 is under way.
• The Ohio 117/309 interchange is in full operation and all ramps are open.
Brynn Mawr Road
• Brynn Mawr Road just north of Lost Creek Boulevard will close in late May or early June for approximately a month and a half for a culvert replacement. The closure will occur once all lanes are open on Ohio 117/309 at the Interstate 75 interchange.
Johnny Appleseed Bike Path
• The Johnny Appleseed bike path in the area of the CF&E Railroad is currently open. Traffic on the path will be maintained with flaggers in the coming week while concrete is placed on the railroad bridge above.
• The most northern Medical Drive entrance to the Orthopedic Institute of Ohio (OIO) is closed. The Medical Drive entrance south of OIO and the Yoder Road entrance into OIO remains open.
• Traffic has been shifted to the east and lanes have been narrowed on Ohio 65 beneath Interstate 75 while work related to the installation of drainage components takes place. In the coming weeks, traffic will be switched onto temporary pavement in the area of the interchange to allow the existing pavement to be reconstructed.
• Hanthorn Road over Interstate 75 will close May 8 for reconstruction of the bridge and for work on Interstate 75 below the bridge. The bridge will remain closed until the fall of 2016.
• Yoder Road between Ohio 65 and the northbound entrance to Interstate 75 closed April 28 for four months. The entrance ramp from Ohio 65 to northbound Interstate 75 will remain open at this time.
Breese Road Interchange
• Breese Road over Interstate 75 will close on May 5 for approximately five months. Only the bridge will be closed initially. Ramp closures will begin in approximately three months.
• The northbound entrance and exit ramps will close three months after Breese Road is closed. A month later, the southbound entrance and exit ramps will close.
• The entire interchange will be closed for the last month of the five-month closure.
U.S. 224 interchange at Interstate 75 reconstruction, Findlay
The U.S. 224 interchange with Interstate 75, Findlay, is currently being reconstructed. The project began in February and is expected to be completed late this fall. Work is being performed by Miller Brothers Construction, Archbold.
The following traffic impacts related to the reconstruction will occur in the upcoming week:
-Both the northbound and southbound lanes are narrowed and shifted approaching the U.S. 224 interchange. Lane restrictions are occurring on occasion in the southbound direction between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. mostly during the week but on some weekends as well.
-Placement of the beams for the new bridge structure over Interstate 75 which was scheduled to take place during the week of May 5 has been delayed until late May.
-Traffic on the bridge over Interstate 75, Findlay, is traveling on the north half of the bridge, one lane in each direction with no turn lanes. All ramps at the interchange are currently open.
-Motorists are cautioned to watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting at various locations throughout the work zone on U.S. 224 and along the interchange ramps.
U.S. 224 on the east side of Findlay between Plaza Road (Best Buy) and County Road 236 is occasionally restricted to one lane through the work zone during a traffic signal upgrade project. Intersections are currently being switched over to the new signal equipment, which should be completed by mid week. Work is being performed by Perram Electric, Wadsworth.
Ohio 235 from County Road 304 (old U.S. 30) approximately three miles north of Ada to County Road 313 (old 25) just north of Interstate 75 closed April 21 for approximately three weeks for grinding and paving of the roadway. Traffic detoured to U.S. 30 and Ohio 696 and Interstate 75 back to Ohio 235. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Ohio 568 between Lye Creek just west of the Hancock County fairgrounds to County Road 180 will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair in preparation for resurfacing. Work is being performed by Shelly Co., Findlay.
Ohio 330 from Ohio 15 to Vanlue High School will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair and resurfacing. Work is being performed by Shelly Co., Findlay.
Ohio 15 between U.S. 23 in Carey to Ohio 37 in Findlay is restricted to one lane through the work zone both during daytime and nighttime hours. Paving operations are taking place during the day while removal of deteriorated pavement is occurring at night. Work is occurring in both the eastbound and westbound direction. Work is being performed by Kokosing, Fredericksburg.
Ohio 309 just west of Kenton restricted to one lane through the zone for bridge maintenance. Work is being performed by Cosmos Industrial Services.
Ohio 309 from the Kenton corporation limit to the Marion County line will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement sealing. Work is being performed by the Hardin County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 701 closure between County Road 65 and County Road 75 was delayed due to weather and will now close May 5 for the week for a culvert and catch basin replacement project. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 309 and U.S. 68 back to Ohio 701. Work is being performed by the Hardin County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 31 from the Kenton corporation limit to Union County will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement patching. Work is being performed by the Hardin County ODOT maintenance garage.
U.S. 224 between Ottawa and the Hancock County line will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for sealing of pavement cracks. Work is being performed by the Putnam County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 108 in the village of Miller City is now open following a railroad crossing repair.
Van Wert County
There are no projects scheduled during the week which will have a significant impact on traffic.