- Ohio Lottery Results for Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 8:06 pm
- US stocks finish mixed as 2-day climb comes to an end - 6:41 pm
- InHealth Mutual health coverage co-op to be liquidated - 5:50 pm
- Putnam commissioners won’t appeal $611K judgment - 5:39 pm
- Lima Electrical Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee opens new training center - 5:31 pm
- Memorial Cup at Limaland part of busy race weekend - 5:23 pm updated: 6:23 pm.
- Video showed Meat City homicide - 4:25 pm
- Ohio attorney general inadvertently reveals run for governor - 4:10 pm
- Marimor Industries to split from Allen County DD, become private entity - 3:57 pm
- Police calls - 3:54 pm
- Ex-owner: Jon Stewart’s horse used for kids’ finger-painting - 3:48 pm
- Births - 3:46 pm
- Pennsylvania ‘street singer’ pleads to disorderly conduct - 3:45 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- Lori Borgman: Care for veterans extends beyond Memorial Day at national cemeteries - 3:30 pm updated: 3:30 pm.
- Prosecutor: Delphos man plotted to steal slain ex-coal exec’s SUV - 2:43 pm updated: 5:10 pm.
- Indian Lake spillway to begin construction - 10:06 pm
- Ohio Lottery Results for Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 9:36 pm
- Delphos murder suspect new to town - 9:31 pm
- Solar-powered airplane lands in Pennsylvania - 9:28 pm
- Dominion Gas set to build $11M Lima facility - 7:51 pm updated: 8:07 pm.
- AEP Ohio rewards Delphos for energy efficiency - 7:40 pm
- View Post - 7:38 pm
- Top 10 paid CEOs - 7:32 pm updated: 7:35 pm.
- Legal medical marijuana on deck as Ohio lawmakers near break - 7:32 pm
- Female CEOs see pay rise, but numbers remain small - 7:29 pm
- Top CEO pay: It’s another world - 7:20 pm
- Marathon gives Shawnee Fire donation to buy harnesses - 7:18 pm
- Bank donates $500 to Putnam County Sheriff’s Office for K-9 - 6:52 pm
- Police calls - 6:39 pm
- Births - 6:23 pm
- Energy companies lead the way as US stocks keep rising - 6:15 pm
- Education Roundup - 6:09 pm
- LA County girl, 13, freed after getting stuck in chimney - 5:52 pm
- The moral imperative of good lawn care - 5:41 pm
- Memorable moments from the National Spelling Bee - 5:26 pm
- Deadline nears for ALL Youth class - 12:39 pm updated: 5:57 pm.
- Inconsistency with Ohio’s drunken-driving license suspensions addressed - 9:52 am updated: 6:48 pm.
- Semi trailer catches fire at Beaverdam gas station - 9:35 pm
- Ohio Lottery Results for Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 9:16 pm
- Lima committee weighs administrative pay - 9:01 pm
- Discussion heated about appealing Road 5 judgment in Putnam County - 8:49 pm updated: 8:50 pm.
- Delphos man arrested in coal exec’s murder - 8:36 pm updated: 11:47 pm.
- Lima examines IT integration options - 8:30 pm updated: 2:00 pm.
- Judge: Cutting Ohio’s early voting is unconstitutional - 8:24 pm
- Lawmakers near vote on speeding up lead-water alerts - 7:29 pm
- Ottawa Whirlpool plant to get wind turbine - 7:25 pm
- Ohio legislators scrap pharmacy board as sole medical pot regulator - 6:56 pm
- Putnam County court records - 6:47 pm
- Education Roundup - 6:42 pm
- Births - 6:23 pm
Marimor Industries to split from Allen County DD, become private entity
LIMA — Because of a 2014 federal mandate from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Marimor Industries will soon become a private enti...
1200 block of Neubrecht Road, Lima — A deputy took a report Monday in which two people assaulted each other.Sugar Street and Williams Avenue, Li...
Ex-owner: Jon Stewart’s horse used for kids’ finger-painting
KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. (AP) — A horse adopted by Jon Stewart and his wife hadn’t been shot more than 100 times by a paintball gun as previous...
St. Rita’s Medical CenterMay 25 — Susan and Brandon Kaufman, Ottawa, boy....
Pennsylvania ‘street singer’ pleads to disorderly conduct
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A man known to police for singing the Beach Boys’ song “Barbara Ann” loudly as he walks through an easte...
Lori Borgman: Care for veterans extends beyond Memorial Day at national cemeteries
There is a good chance you’ve not been to Marion, Indiana. It is north of Indianapolis, past Elwood, but not all the way to Etna. Like the rest ...
High school results
SoftballDivision IVRegional SemifinalsAt FindlayCrestview 11, Fairview 0Fairview`000`00`—`0`2`4Crestview`152`3X`—`11`10`1WP–Jada Pre...
Lima-born Mertz made the show back in 1940s
When it comes to Lima’s five sons of the diamond good enough and fortunate enough to play Major League Baseball, many will recall Lima Senior gr...
Koza: Long day spent driving, dealing with air travel
Wednesday was not an easy day for this guy.I did get the opportunity to sleep in till 5:30 a.m., but after that — ugh!First, I had to drive Inte...
Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of elimination
OKLAHOMA CITY — Russell Westbrook had 36 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists, and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Golden State Warriors 118-94...
UNOH men 28th at golf nationals
SILVIS, Ill. — The University of Northwestern Ohio is in 28th place at 38-over par 322 after the first day NAIA Men’s Golf Championships a...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Your VBS guide for summer
As schools in the area get ready for their last days of school, vacation Bible schools around the area are gearing up for a summer of fun, games and l...
Area couples renew their vows at mass eventLIMA — The Re-Wedding will take place at 6 p.m. June 5 at First Missionary Church, 1105 W. Robb Ave. ...
Where will you spend eternity?
If we look around, you can see turmoil and trouble all around us. The Bible is fulfilling itself daily. We all need to know where we will spend eterni...
The moral imperative of good lawn care
I’ve lived without a lawn since leaving my parents’ home for college in 1981. I spent most of the subsequent years living in apartment bui...
Memorable moments from the National Spelling Bee
OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — The 284 kids competing in this year’s Scripps National Spelling Bee got their first opportunity to approach the micr...
Reminisce: Marching for America
LIMA — It was a great day for a parade. At precisely 1:35 p.m., under a nearly cloudless sky on what Lima’s Republican-Gazette called a ...
Letter: Stand by comments about Strickland
Let me set the record straight about an article written by Akron Beacon Journal reporter Doug Livingston and published in The Lima News.I began workin...
John Grindrod: Filling a sinkhole one prayer at a time
From week to week, I really don’t know what to expect when it comes to what winds up in my email box as far as reactions to what I write. At tim...
Parker column: Case of ‘election disaffection’
CHARLESTON, S.C. — On rare occasions, Americans coalesce around a common cause, usually following some calamity — a terrorist attack, a na...
Letter: Volunteers are St. Rita’s right hand
On May 16, the St. Rita’s Volunteer/Auxiliary had their annual banquet and check presentation. This year’s theme was the Wizard of Oz, wit...
Letter: I bow to only one king
The New York Times said that President Obama had made a decree that all bathrooms in public schools must be made transgender. I didn’t know we h...
Ottawa Whirlpool plant to get wind turbine
OTTAWA — The Whirlpool plant in Ottawa will soon be incorporating wind energy into its facility, with the addition of a wind turbine coming by t...
2017 Acura NSX rolls off line
MARYSVILLE – Known by its vehicle identification number as VIN 001, the first production model of the next-generation 2017 Acura New Sports eXpe...
Unemployment rates down in Lima region for third-straight month
LIMA — Back in January, unemployment figures seemed to be a cause for concern in Allen County, when they jumped above 5 percent for the first ti...
Bradfield Community Center, Rhodes State College plan job and educational fair today
LIMA — Bradfield Community Center and Rhodes State College have joined forces for a job and education fair from 2 to 6 p.m. today.More than 30 e...
Joint Systems Manufacturing Center to receive $40 million for facility upgrades
LIMA — Joint Systems Manufacturing Center will receive $40 million from the U.S. Congress for facility-related upgrades, Lt. Col. Matthew Hodge ...
Photos: Giant flag raised at Ottawa dealership
Members of the Putnam County Color Guard raised a 15-foot-by-25-foot American flag at Ottawa Chevrolet on Monday. The giant flag was in honor of the d...