Editorial: Family businesses still succeed in the region
Heffner calls it a career at fire department
Lowered flags, lower standards
Behind famed hot dog contest, a whopper of a legend
- Heffner calls it a career at fire department - 8:40 pm
- Lowered flags, lower standards - 8:30 pm
- A&J Woodworking strives to ‘exceed expectations’ - 6:28 pm
- Births - 6:04 pm updated: 6:04 pm.
- ODOT updates work progress on I-75 project - 6:00 pm
- Celia Rivenbark: Folks across the pond unsure of ‘Leave’ vote - 5:01 pm
- Police calls - 4:51 pm
- Tesla crash could hurt sentiment on driverless cars - 4:39 pm
- Get This: German man writes own obit, bans relatives from funeral - 1:57 pm
- Wapak man dead in accident - 10:32 am updated: 6:47 pm.
- New state minimum wage hikes come with ‘off ramps’ - 9:52 pm
- Journeyto Jupiter - 9:48 pm
- Lima Memorial nurse honored for extraordinary patient care - 9:44 pm
- Analysis: Supreme Court takes left turn - 9:39 pm
- Heroin, other items recovered in Lima bust - 8:01 pm
- ODOT reminds travelers of safety over holiday weekend - 7:59 pm
- Social work agencies approve contracts - 7:56 pm
- Kill the Rabbit to open for Nugent - 7:04 pm
- Police calls - 6:08 pm
- Christian-themed gift shop opens in Ottawa - 6:04 pm
- Births - 5:55 pm
- Lori Borgman: I don’t need sorry, I need solutions - 5:00 pm
- Party foul? $90K worth of stolen beer must be thrown away - 1:28 pm
- Michigan man indicted in Bluffton robbery - 12:20 pm
- Routine inspection led to reported active shooter at DC-area military base - 10:05 am updated: 12:15 pm.
- Holiday tips for a safe 4th of July - 10:17 pm
- Title drought over, Cleveland thirsts for more championships - 10:10 pm
- Former players file federal lawsuit against coaches. other St. Marys City School District officials - 9:58 pm updated: 6:45 am.
- OSU band trainer gets prison for sexual battery - 9:42 pm
- Ohio Lottery Results for Wednesday, June 30, 2016 - 9:26 pm
- Lima Mayor Berger: Mayors support water infrastructure legislation - 8:20 pm
- Paulding native takes command of Joint Systems Manufacturing Center - 7:56 pm updated: 6:52 am.
- St. Marys school board accepts Brown’s resignation, discusses leaving Auglaize ESC - 7:35 pm updated: 6:45 am.
- Lima’s West Wayne Street to close Tuesday for courthouse construction - 7:28 pm
- Fireworks booming in our area - 7:24 pm
- Births - 6:44 pm
- US stocks claw back half of ground lost post-British vote - 6:42 pm
- Amy Eddings: Limaland’s comments on tossed-out food too good to waste - 4:57 pm
- Education roundup - 4:50 pm
- Get This: Cat blamed for turning on faucet, flooding Florida shelter - 4:00 pm
- See photos from our readers, and share your own pictures - 11:45 am updated: 11:53 am.
- John Glenn hopes airport being named for him inspires kids - 9:34 pm
- Tim DeHaven indicted on state tax charges - 9:26 pm
- Ohio Lottery Results for Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 9:20 pm
- JSMC commander honored at retirement ceremony - 8:09 pm
- Allen County auditor talks debt with commissioners - 7:25 pm
- Fischer touts experience, public service - 7:14 pm updated: 10:24 pm.
- Slabtown Road in Lima to close Wednesday for bridge repair - 7:09 pm
- Rail line maintenance will force several road closures - 7:06 pm
- Fireworks booming in our area - 6:58 pm
Wapak man dead in accident
WAPAKONETA — An Auglaize County family is in mourning after a 50-year-old man was accidentally killed at his residence while working on a truck....
New state minimum wage hikes come with ‘off ramps’
WASHINGTON — Driven by a recovering economy and concerns about income inequality, many states and localities this year significantly raised thei...
AP Science WriterEds: Adds details; NASA briefing at 1 p.m. EDT. On July 4, engine burn expected to begin at 8:18 p.m. PDT (11:18 p.m. EDT) and end at...
Lima Memorial nurse honored for extraordinary patient care
LIMA — Nursing can often be a thankless job, with long, sometimes grueling hours of helping patients and families at times when they are most vu...
Analysis: Supreme Court takes left turn
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ended its term this week with two liberal victories — on abortion and affirmative action — that refle...
Heroin, other items recovered in Lima bust
LIMA — Members of the West Central Ohio Task Force served a drug-related search warrant Thursday at 1120 Essex Drive with the assistance of the ...
Miller City, O-G get ACME victories
ACME baseball sectional play has gotten underway in the Lima area.In District 2, Miller City defeated Leipsic 10-1 and Ottawa-Glandorf topped Columbus...
Nationals crush Reds, Finnegan
WASHINGTON — There are plenty of reasons why the Cincinnati Reds have lost eight of nine and are in last place, 22 games under .500.At the top o...
Croy gets win in 1st Locos start
LIMA — The Lima Locos showed everyone why they are in first place in the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League with their play Thursday night at ...
State recognizes Van Wert official for efforts in cross country
VAN WERT — For 35 years William “Bill” Swank has sacrificed numerous weekdays and weekends to do the task of officiating cross count...
Lima area results
BaseballGreat Lakes Summer Collegiate LeagueLima Locos 4, Hamilton 3at Simmons FieldH`011`001`000`—`3`10`3LL`001`010`20x`—`4`8`0WP–E...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
A booming good time in our area
The Fourth of July brings notions of family gatherings, picnics, games and most of all, fireworks. Our area has a lot of firework displays to enjoy. H...
“Independence Day: Resurgence” – PG-13
The Story“They’re coming back,” says former-President Thomas Whitmore (Bill Pullman), “and this time, we won’t be able t...
Entertainment roundup: Johansson ranked Hollywood’s top-grossing actress
Scarlett Johansson has taken the crown as Hollywood’s highest-grossing actress ever.A website called Box Office Mojo that tracks how much money ...
Concert to celebrate Independence DayLIMA — There will be an Independence Day celebration, “God Bless America Again,” featuring sout...
One week can change a life
LIMA — Last week, 47 children ages 7 to 11 attended Royal Family Kids’ Camp. The local Royal Family Kids’ Camp is just one of 300 ca...
Life is a‘Cabaret’
Plaudits are long overdue for the production of “Cabaret” by the Octopus Production Company in downtown Lima. The intimate setting of our ...
Letter: Change needed before tragedy
In response to John Grindrod’s recent article, “Childcare and momentary lapses in vigilance.”Several years ago when I was working at...
Orange County (Calif.) Register: Brexit a global lesson
JUNE 26, 2016 — Great Britain’s vote to leave the European Union sent shockwaves through global financial markets and political bodies. Th...
Robert Garnett: Remembering the Battle of the Somme
One hundred years ago today, the greatest battle of the First World War began — the Battle of the Somme.Hope died that day, and the modern age b...
Letter: Congratulations to my mother
I happened to see the sunset last night. I must say, it was not particularly impressive. It was not the kind that makes me weirdly thankful to be driv...
Lori Borgman: I don’t need sorry, I need solutions
Can we stop saying we’re sorry?I’ve been on the phone trying to straighten out some billing matters and every customer service rep I talk ...
JSMC commander honored at retirement ceremony
LIMA — A 26-year career in the military came to an end Tuesday as Lt. Col. Matthew Hodge bid farewell to the Joint Systems Manufacturing Center....
US stocks rebound as anxiety over British vote eases
U.S. stock indexes mounted a broad comeback Tuesday as investors set aside their anxiety over Britain’s vote to leave the European Union and sna...
Biggby Coffee opens on Lima’s east side
LIMA — Biggby Coffee lovers on Lima’s east side will no longer have to travel across town to get their fix of Caramel Marvel lattes and Cr...
Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote uncertainty
Investor jitters over the economic fallout of Britain’s vote to leave the European Union sent U.S. stocks sharply lower Monday.The latest slump ...
Lima-area gas prices fall 51 cents in 2 weeks
LIMA — Gas prices in the Lima region fell by more than 50 cents during the last two weeks, according to prices reported to GasBuddy.com.The aver...
Lima Pallet to expand production, create 20 new jobs
BATH TOWNSHIP — An expansion project at the Lima Pallet Co. is expected to create at least 20 full-time jobs and generate $665,000 in new annual...